Osteoporosis is a common musculoskeletal disease and is increasing with age. What most patients are concerned about is the cause of osteoporosis? How to recognize the disease and how to prevent it effectively. The following article, Hera Organic will help you answer this question.
What is osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is also known as brittle or spongy bone. This is a phenomenon where the bones are continuously thinning, the density of the substance in the bones gradually decreases, making the bones more brittle and easy to break even with minor injuries.
Osteoporosis aka brittle or spongy bone
Osteoporosis is more common as you get older. Because at this age, bone density is not enough to allow it to be as strong as in adulthood.
Causes of osteoporosis
Identifying the causes of osteoporosis will help each of us proactively prevent the disease. According to health experts. The main causes of osteoporosis include:
- Unscientific lifestyle, lazy to exercise
- Often carrying heavy objects, doing manual labor
- The daily diet lacks calcium, the body is not supplemented with calcium
- The aging of the body when we are old, the process of bone formation decreases, the process of bone destruction takes place faster and stronger, causing bone density to decrease and become brittle and more fragile.
Causes of osteoporosis
See more: NUTRIGEN PROPOLIS SYRUP
Who is at high risk for osteoporosis?
There are many risk factors that can lead to osteoporosis. Some factors can be changed but others cannot. Risk factors for osteoporosis that cannot be changed include:
- Gender: In women, especially in postmenopausal women, the risk of osteoporosis is much higher than that of men of the same age due to lower bone mass.
- Age factor: the older you are, the greater your risk of osteoporosis
- Body size: thin, small women have a higher risk of osteoporosis
- People who have broken bones
- People with comorbidities such as endocrine disease, rheumatoid arthritis, kidney disease
In order to effectively prevent osteoporosis, from now on, each of us needs to build a scientific, healthy lifestyle, regular exercise and sports. Especially in the daily diet, it is necessary to have an adequate balance of nutrients.
If you have been experiencing symptoms of osteoporosis, you need to immediately go to medical facilities for timely examination and treatment.
Read more: Learn about gastrointestinal infections in children
Here is information about the causes of osteoporosis. For more specific advice on this disease, please visit the website https://organic365.vn/.