Young children are very susceptible to diseases related to intestinal inflammation because their digestive systems are immature and easily attacked by bacteria. Here is the information that parents need to know about gastrointestinal inflammation in children.
Diseases related to gastrointestinal inflammation in children
Diarrhea is one of the diseases associated with inflammation of the digestive tract. This disease is caused by bacteria and viruses. Signs that a child has diarrhea are: loose stools more than 3 times a day, abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting, bloating, signs of dehydration.
Diarrhea in children
When a child has diarrhea, parents should pay attention to the child to drink a lot of water, if the child is still breastfed, the amount of squash and feeding should be increased. Children should eat from a little bit, divided into several times a day. Antidiarrheal medications should not be used. If the child has severe symptoms, unusual symptoms, the child should be taken to the hospital immediately.
Dysentery is a disease caused by amoeba parasites and shigella bacilli. Children with dysentery often have symptoms of urinating with mucus and blood, children with high fever, abdominal pain and always feeling the need to urinate.
Dysentery in children
If the child experiences this condition for a long time, it will make the child exhausted, struggling, comatose, even fatal. If the parasite enters the liver, it can cause a liver abscess.
Cholera is an inflammatory disease of the digestive tract in children that is very dangerous, easily spreads into a large outbreak, even causing rapid death for the patient.
Cholera in children
Symptoms in children with cholera are diarrhea, watery stools, abdominal pain, and continuous vomiting. Going to the toilet to water easily causes the patient to quickly lose water, exhausted and die quickly.
To prevent cholera, patients need to keep clean and hygienic when preparing food for children. Pay attention to children eat cooked, drink boiling, do not eat foods of unknown origin. In addition, parents should pay attention to the habit of washing their children's hands every time they wash their hands and before eating.
See more: Nutrigen Omega Fish Oil Syrup
How to prevent inflammatory bowel disease in children
Parents can actively prevent inflammatory bowel disease in children by:
- Ensure food safety. Pay attention to children eat cooked, drink boiling. Choose healthy foods, especially good for the digestive tract of children to fight inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract in children.
- Pay attention to children eat enough nutrients, eat foods appropriate for their age. For advice on a reasonable diet for young children, parents can consult a nutritionist.
- Limit for children to eat processed foods, outside foods of unknown origin
- Supplement full of fiber for children, foods rich in probiotics, not acidic
- Encourage your child to exercise and be active every day. Physical activity suitable for children's fitness and interests such as playing football, playing badminton, volleyball...
- Replenish beneficial bacteria in the gut. Parents can add products containing good bacteria such as yogurt or digestive enzymes.
See more: How much is high and dangerous for diabetes?
Above are the diseases and ways to prevent gastrointestinal diseases in children. To protect the best health for children. Parents should actively apply preventive measures to protect the health of their children. Pay special attention to the children's nutrition, supplement them with enough nutrients, and let them do regular and regular exercise and sports. The solution to balance nutrition for children, available at website https://organic365.vn/, parents can refer to.